Section Manager - 2nd and 3rd shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Menominee, MI, United States
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2019
BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for Section Manager on 2nd or 3rd shift in our Menominee, MI facility. In this role, you will lead teams and supervise people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and improve shop floor safety, aggressively eliminating unsafe processes
- Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
- Determines priorities and sequences jobs
- Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staff to meet flow and customer requirements
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate
- Ensures production material is procured and distributed to meet production schedules
- Increases production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
- Implements Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others
- Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training
- Section Value Stream Mapping
- Actively deploys section value stream improvements
- Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and continuous improvement
- Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
- Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of manufacturing experience in the hose and coupling business
- 1+ years of experience in a Team Lead or Supervisory role
- Previous experience managing direct reports
Top Candidates will also have:
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Good language, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.