Job Title: Maintenance Section Manager
Salary: £34,332 - £42,915 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 10% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Childcare Vouchers, Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Hours: Full Time - 36.50
Travel: Not required
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Sunday 25th August
Job Reference: 190006S6
Caterpillar Peterlee is the worldwide source of Cat® Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. The facility's manufacturing activities use the latest computer analysis techniques, robotic technology and a state-of-the-art paint plant. Machines from the site are shipped to customers around the world.
The department you will work in will be within the Maintenance area of the business and as a Section Manager position you will lead teams and supervise people within the Maintenance Team to maximise efficiency in quality, velocity and cost while best equipping people to carry out their daily duties efficiently and as safely as possible.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and improves shop floor safety, eliminates unsafe processes;
- Must drive safety first culture and is responsible for ensuring that thorough accident and near miss investigations are completed and corrective actions taken, ensures that all personnel within the area adhere to all safe working practices;
- Support the Team Leads in day to day decisions with regards to external and remote support for major breakdown situations, as well as making available necessary resources to support training within the area
- Develop Maintenance Technicians
- Schedules and prioritises constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet customer requirements
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate
- Implement, Manage & Coach Maintenance techniques and RCA with Team Members
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members;
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
- Communicates, updates, monitors and audits PQVC (People, Quality, Velocity & Cost) specific Maintenance metrics continuously via meetings and walks
- Implements Maintenance projects to include continuous Improvements, Safety Projects, RCA, Capital projects
- Support with developing appropriate RAMS (Risk Assessment and Method Statements) for Maintenance tasks
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when short-listing therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Previous experience in leading Maintenance teams/projects
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience of championing and driving a positive safety culture
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
- Flexibility to work a three shift system
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Knowledge and experience of lean tools and techniques/6 sigma
- Safety Certification/Qualification NEBOSH, IOSH
- Prior experience working in a busy manufacturing environment;
- Experience of root cause corrective action/continuous improvement projects
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.K. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.