This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2019
Caterpillar’s MineStar Solutions, a department within Surface Mining and Technology, is currently seeking a Call Center Manager to be located in Tucson, AZ. In this role you will manage a team that provides support services which include investigating, troubleshooting, and diagnosing application and technical problems, followed up with restoration of service through corrective actions and permanent resolutions. This includes software and on-board hardware, for a worldwide group of Mining Technology customers and dealers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage global team to accomplish the following tasks:
o Accountable for resolving a high percentage of application and hardware issues with prompt escalation to advanced support when a quick resolution cannot be obtained.
o Utilization of standard support processes and ticketing systems.
o Delight our customers by providing exceptional customer service through effective communication and high velocity response.
o Advocate on behalf of the dealer and customer to resolve technical product issues with Service Engineering by escalating top priority issues.
· Manage 24/7/365 Hotline for all MineStar products.
· Providing incident management for all high priority issues.
· Develop SME for the Helpdesk Support team in each capability of the MineStar Product family.
· Accountable for creation of monthly support metrics and meeting established SLA targets.
· Ownership, improvement, and enforcement of support process.
· Product Service Engineers: SME Training and escalation point for complex issues.
· Implementation Team: frequent discussions regarding site-specific customer information. Liaison to ensure “problem free” transitions of new sites to the Product Support Team.
· Customers and Dealers: communicate on a regular basis the status and resolution of issues
· Experience in providing first call technical support for enterprise-level applications directly with customers
· Experience in providing problem management and root cause analysis for complex applications
Top Candidates will also have:
· Bachelor's Degree
· Excellent communication skills
· Mining industry experience
· Call center or helpdesk leadership experience
· Experience with supporting MineStar products.
· Experience in providing incident management and root cause analysis for complex applications
· ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS - This position requires open pit and underground mine site support work at times. The selected applicant will be required to complete and pass regulatory open pit and underground mine safety training, and travel to and work for short periods of time in open pit and underground mining environments. Time spent in a mining environment would typically include a single work week with daily work in the mining environment.
· This team is responsible for 24/7/365 coverage, this will require non-standard shifts and weekend coverage.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the which can be found through our employment website at