This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Griffin, GA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2019
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Safety Associate located in Griffin, Georgia. As a Safety Associate at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for documenting safety inspections, citing dangerous areas/procedures and recommending corrective procedures, and maintaining safety equipment supply and availability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in training employees on safety, company policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to employee safety
* Assist in compliance with all application federal and state health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines
* Other duties as required
* Previous environmental, health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment
* Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft applications
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within EHS.
* All candidates must be willing to work overtime when required and be able to work both independently and in a team-based environment
* 3 plus years’ experience in the manufacturing or related area
Top Candidates will also have:
Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty
Good written and oral communication skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Additional Job Information:
Work Hours: 8:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Work Days: Monday through Thursday
Work Location: Griffin, Georgia
Training will be on first shift from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.