This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Griffin, GA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2019
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Rectification Associate located in Griffin, Georgia. As a Rectification Associate at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for the tear down, adjustment, rebuild, and resolution of engines not meeting customer expectations of all 400 series engines. In addition to rectification of engines, the associate may also be responsible for testing engines as needed.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Rework the engine using correct tools
* Tear down the engines and return the components to line
* Keep track of scrap generated from the rework
* Support inspection of components as required
* Support other rework areas as required
* Support other inspection areas as required
* Responsible to record defects found
* Strives to detect defects prior to shipping and to reduce as delivered quality
* Other duties as required
* Good understanding of basic electrical and mechanical principles
* Good knowledge of mechanical tools such as torque wrenches, drills, taps etc
* Previous experience with diesel and gas engines
* Strong computer skills including experience with Word, Excel, MESA, AQE, and HVC
* All candidates must be willing to work overtime when required and be able to work both independently and in a team-based environment
Top Candidates will also have:
* Knowledge of 400 series engines
* Formal diesel engine training / certification
* Previous experience troubleshooting and repairing gas and diesel engines
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Additional Job Information:
Work Hours: 8:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Work Days: Monday through Thursday
Work Location: Griffin, Georgia
Training will be on first shift from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.