What matters most to you? Is it
being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems?
You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress
around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build
The Global Power
Solutions Division has an exciting opportunity for an Order to Delivery Technical Associate - Tester. As an OTD Technical Associate - Tester the employee is responsible for testing engines to customer requirements. Test cell operators are responsible for the execution of electrical and mechanical functionality tests on all 400 series engines according to the specified test procedures. In addition to testing, tester will also be responsible for spotting engines.
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Conduct customer specific inspections
* Support engine documentation
* Support inspection of components as required
* Support other inspection areas as required
* Responsible to record defects found
* Strives to detect defects prior to shipping and to reduce as delivered quality
* Other duties as required
* Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical principles
* 6+ months experience with diesel and gas engines
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Formal diesel engine training/certification
* Previous experience troubleshooting and repairing gas and diesel engines
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience working both independently and in a team based environment
* Computer skills including experience with Word, Excel, MESA, AQE and HVC
* Must be willing to work overtime when required
Additional Job Information:
Work Hours: 8:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Work Days: Monday through Thursday
Work Location: Griffin, Georgia
Training will be on first shift from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Relocation assistance is
not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be
the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently
hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require
sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified
individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with
disabilities – are encouraged to apply.