This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Griffin, GA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2019
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for an Order to Delivery Assembly and Logistics Associate in Griffin, Georgia. As an Order To Delivery Assembly and Logistics Associate, you will become a member of the team that lives daily the team culture, understands and accepts plant policy, procedures and practices.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Operates and maintains an environment that is safe and clean
* Adheres to established standards, policies and procedures relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, attendance, quality of work life, IS09000 certification, and audits
* Spend 95% to 100% of the time producing quality product
* 1+ years of logistics/warehouse experience
* Prior forklift experience and/or forklift certification
* Understanding of engines and manufacturing operations
* Must be able to work overtime as required
Top candidates will also have:
* Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Applications (basic skills/knowledge - capable of functioning independently)
* Good communication skills, both verbally and written
* Must be capable of working in a participative, team-based culture
* Must demonstrate reliability and quality awareness
Additional Job Information:
Work Hours: 8:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Work Days: Monday through Thursday
Work Location: Griffin, Georgia
Training will be on first shift from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.