This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Griffin, GA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2019
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technician located in Griffin, Georgia. As a Quality Technician at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of duties related to the development and implementation of methods, procedures and equipment used in Quality. This role is fundamentally a reactive quality role responding to daily quality issues found in the manufacturing facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Executes global quality processes as defined in the Caterpillar QMS
* Coordinate and conduct internal quality audits.
* Administer area metrics
* Draft and submit local training and documentation as necessary
* Support certification activities
* Identify non-conformance
* Provides continual improvement feedback to all levels of resources. Work with supervisors, technicians and other support groups on certification and quality issues, conducting informative meetings on basic certification processes when needed.
* Ensure that area metrics, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Continuous Improvement Processes are up-to-date and being properly administered.
* Collect customer / internal defect reports weekly; generate Visual Aids for defects and post on Customer Defect Board. Draft and submit Visual Aids and Quality Alerts when necessary.
* Track the progress of corrective actions across the business to ensure a speedy response to a resolution.
* A 2-year minimum of technical schooling, an apprenticeship program, an Associate’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in an engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance-related discipline
* A minimum of one year of engineering, manufacturing, maintenance or quality-related work experience
* Thorough knowledge of relevant engineering, manufacturing and / or maintenance standards and practices
* Strong analytical skills
* Personal computer skills and the ability to use standard software tools
Top Candidates will also have:
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or in the quality field
* Good written and oral communications skills
* Good interpersonal, communications, teamwork and collaboration skills
* Ability to work with diverse teams of employees and customers
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply