We are looking for a passionate, high energy System Integration leader to help us integrate CAT Digital Platform into cohesive system with high availability. In addition to leading integration of the platform, you will be leading integration of the platform with existing Caterpillar systems as well as multiple customer systems. New leader should be able to create sustainable advantage throughout SDLC by creating processes and procedures to make integration continuous and seamless across multiple technologies on the long-run.
The Head of System Integration will be responsible for building and leading a team that delivers Integration of internally developed SW, third-party software, AWS infrastructure, CAT IT/ERP systems, customer systems, network, and security. Knowledge of business processes would be very beneficial.
We seek a high-energy, change agent looking to be a senior member of a CAT Digital Platform leadership development team to drive advantage for Caterpillar through technology.
This role includes the following key responsibilities:
- Build, hire, and lead System Integration team while leading integration activities for Platform with the goal to achieve the first platform release in a timely manner with high quality.
- Manage system integration activities and issues for recently created software development international team. Lead organization through exciting time of standing up the first CAT Digital Platform using “art-of-integration” skill set.
- Manage and develop system integration strategies for platform, multiple systems and applications that will be connected to platform, dealer and customer systems, Caterpillar multiple IT systems that include ERP, home-grown applications, third-party software packages, security, and network.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure platform design and implementation deliver advantage cost, quality and continuity of digital assets in all regions globally.
- Evaluate and establish operational levels agreements with internal stakeholders to increase predictability and flexibility the platform
- Interface with Product Management, Program and Project Management, multiple SW development teams, Architecture, IT departments, Security, and first platform customers.
- Lead excellence in deployment using CI/CD methodology, platform operations, gap identification, API compliance, sw/hw integration and engineering build processes, drive optimization, garner integration efficiencies and improve platform performance
- Maintain industry and technology expertise across all categories
- Drive continuous performance and process improvements in integration function
- Partner with System Test team to find synergies and reduce costs while achieving high-quality and availability of the platform
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related is required. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years management or leadership experience in high-change, Agile, innovative, and ambiguous environments.
- Experience in leading organizations responsible for first-ever system or application development. Experience with large systems integration, merger, and/or migrations preferred (Telecom, ERPs, Distributed Systems, etc). Entrepreneurial experience is a big plus
- 2+ years experience and expertise in new product development, large-system integration, negotiation, and partner management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and lead teams
- Demonstrated program and project management skills
Exceptional Candidates will have the following
- Expertise in SDLC with focus on System Integration and/or System Test activities is highly desired.
- Experience in building cross-functional teams within global environment. Experience in Program/Project Management on a large-scale ambiguous multi-national project is a big plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deal effectively with conflicting priorities, uncertainties, and change requests.
- Ability to partner across software engineering, product management, architecture, IT departments, dealer systems, and business stakeholders
- Strong customer focus and attention to details while keeping big picture in mind
- Track record in hiring and developing a diverse organization.
- Experience leading/managing large teams in an ambiguous environment
- Strong written and oral communication across different levels including executives
- Ability to translate complex technical issues and requirements into business requirements and vice versa is required.
- Ability to identify requirements gaps and work across multiple business and technology units to resolve issues.
- Diverse knowledge and experience with technologies like Java, Python, E-Commerce, ERP systems, Telematics, AWS, relational and non-relational databases is strongly preferred