Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2019
As a Reliability Engineer within the Caterpillar Large
Mining Truck product group, you will have a thorough understanding regarding
the performance and uptime of certain critical fleets. You will identify, develop, influence and communicate
fleet performance improvement opportunities.
In this role, you will be the leading subject matter expert on fleet
reliability within Large Mining Trucks and collaborate closely with regional
and dealer teams.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Bring Caterpillar Large Mining Truck product group, regional and dealer resources together to improve the product performance of certain critical Large Mining Truck fleets.
* Serve as a “first responder” to fleet reliability concerns and communicate what steps are being taken to mitigate and/or resolve.
* Possess deep reliability engineering knowledge, capable of speaking the mining equipment reliability language with dealers and customers.
* Provide visibility to product
performance at certain critical sites via regular communication and reporting
to the Large Mining Truck leadership teams.
* Establish and maintain high level relationships with business decision makers.
* Influence Large Mining Truck service engineers and regional counterparts to accelerate and to deliver interim containment and permanent corrective actions and support that mitigate the impact of product issues.
* Identify opportunities to improve equipment management practices at the dealer and site level to positively influence fleet performance.
* Jointly responsible for fleet recovery strategy and a Performance Improvement strategy plan execution with certain critical Large Mining Truck fleets.
* Develop, prioritize and implement strategies to address customer needs as well as ensuring dealer servicing and support practices align with recovery strategy.
* Act as a consultant to regional and dealer teams as well as executive management advising on strategic direction for product problem management and equipment management activities.
* Direct Large Mining Truck product group, regional and dealer activities to ensure highest possible fleet performance at certain critical sites to maintain and enhance PINS growth and to reduce the impact of product health issues for all parties.
* Work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
* Confront complex issues or problems which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique, and solutions can require original approaches.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
* 5+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to global mine sites.
Top candidates will also have:
* Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the business unit and Caterpillar to take specific actions.
* Thorough knowledge of Large Mining Trucks, mining applications, mining equipment maintenance management, reliability engineering and product problem management.
* Broad company knowledge and a strong understanding of dealer operations.
* Six Sigma experience
* Highly proficient with data analytics, excel and database management
Spanish language capability
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
This position requires up to 25% travel
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers