This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lafayette, IN, United States
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2019
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Controls Engineer. This position can be located in Griffin, Georgia, Lafayette, Indiana, Mossville, Illinois, Alpharetta, Georgia or Bangalore, India. As a Sr. Controls Engineer at Caterpillar, you will begin to shift from learning and assisting to fully contributing to solving technical problems while growing your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology. You will also continue to grow your professional network.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
* Begin partnering with and providing technical guidance within and between teams
* Gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships and predict performance
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Contribute to the design of new products and processes
* Perform product and process maintenance
* Participating in the coding and programming of controls
* Participating in bench and systems testing and system integration
* Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum or 5+ years of PLC logic and programming experience in lieu of a degree
* 5+ years of relevant work experience
* 2 years (concurrent) work experience in PLC logic and programming
* Strong analytical skills.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Master’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
* Experience with industry standard communications protocols
* Hands on experience at customer sites, commissioning or product support
* Familiarity with grid code standards and other Electric Power regulations
* Working understanding of IEC 61131 PLC Programming languages i.e. Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, Structured Text or other PLC programming language.
* Working level knowledge on some of the following automation platforms: Schneider, Allen Bradley, Woodward, CoMap, Deif
* Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
* Experience programming C / C++
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at ( ).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.