What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Support Consultant located in Griffin, Georgia. As a Sales Support Consultant at Caterpillar, you will assist the Area/Regional Sales Managers, Subsidiary Offices, Dealers/Distributors and equipment end users by providing technical/commercial support and to secure the sales of Caterpillar solutions products. Support includes the pricing of tender specifications, customer inquiries and the collation of technical and commercial offers, provision of technical information and commercial terms on Caterpillar products and the application of these products. This also includes ancillary product selection and pricing as necessary to assist the product sale.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
* Maximize Solutions sales
* Provide pricing, technical and commercial support to the Area/Regional Sales Managers, Subsidiary Offices and Caterpillar EP/PS Dealers, and co-ordination on pricing of non-price book options
* Develop conceptual designs and tender specifications with end users and consultants
* Attend customer meetings to negotiate potential sales
* Conduct site surveys where necessary
* Negotiate pricing levels and delivery terms with Dealers
* Provide daily commercial and technical support
* Provide quotations on pricing of non-price book options
* Obtain quotations from suppliers for non-standard product
* Participate in product trade shows and customer visits
* Coach/Mentor other Sales Engineers as assigned
* Specialist order entry and contract review
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of experience in Caterpillar Engineering Department/Test Department/Field Engineering Department or Sales Department or related industries
Top Candidates will also have:
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.