This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2019
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.
Caterpillar Legal Services has an opening for a corporate counsel supporting Caterpillar’s Material Handling & Underground Division (MH&U). MH&U designs and manufactures products and solutions for mining customers throughout the world. With a global manufacturing and design footprint, as well as a direct sales business, MH&U is responsible for the large track-type tractors, large wheel loaders, off-highway trucks, wheel tractor scrapers, articulated trucks, and all the underground products.
The position reports to the Lead Counsel of MH&U and will be located in Peoria, Illinois.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Providing proactive day-to-day advice to business managers and their teams on a broad range of legal matters, including U.S. and international transactional matters with customers, suppliers, and dealers.
· Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing commercial documents for business segments.
· Fostering strong collaboration across the Law, Security & Public Policy team to ensure exceptional legal support on assigned matters.
· Fostering strong relationships and transparency with all stakeholders, developing an understanding of the client’s business, strategies, and objectives to better serve its needs.
· Undergraduate and law degree from top tier accredited schools.
· 7-10 years of experience as a licensed practicing attorney with a primary focus on complex commercial transactions.
· Must be a current member in good standing of the Illinois Bar or can become licensed as of-counsel in Illinois within 6 months of employment.
· Must be able to travel internationally to support client’s business and legal needs on a regular basis.
Top Candidates will also have:
· Mining industry and business knowledge.
· A desire to serve the business.
· Strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the company.
· Excellent organizational skills and be able to perform efficiently and effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at.
Relocation is available for this position.