Looking for a self-driven, very passionate simulation engineer who will work in a fast paced product development environment with the internal teams to understand and develop virtual and hardware in the loop testing solutions for validating the V2X controls.
- Define the roadmap for Scalable Simulation platforms for testing ADAS.
- Devise integration plans for point cloud generation platforms with embedded hardware systems.
- Lead development of simulations for terrain, perception sensors, Global Positioning Systems (GPS) or equivalent systems.
- Understand the machine environment interactions and develop real world scenarios in simulation to validate them.
- May have to develop API's to seamlessly amalgamate different simulation tools/platforms.
- Passion for ADAS and up to date with the various simulation platforms in the industry.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- At least 4 years programming experience in either Python or C++ developing API's
- Prior exposure to machine simulation is a must.
- Working knowledge of ethernet protocols and Linux OS
Good to have
- Hands on experience in architecting machine software.
- Prior experience with Robotic Operating System (ROS) will be a huge plus.
- Good knowledge on Unity, Real World or other gaming tools.
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Electronics, Electrical or Computer Science curriculum
* 7 - 10 years of relevant work experience
* Strong analytical skills.
* Master’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical curriculum.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.