Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019
The Parts Information Division, within the Global Service’s Technical Information Department, is accountable for authoring and illustrating technical parts information / graphics for customers and dealers. The information is delivered via SIS and paper manuals. The division is global, with operations in Chennai, India and Peoria. This position will manage a team based in India, that’s focused on creating Illustrations.
The Technical Information Solutions Supervisor is a key member of the Parts Information leadership team. This leader's responsibilities include:
· Day-to-day management of a team of 10+ management employees (typically includes 5-6 agency people)
· Create and maintain an engaging organizational climate/culture which encourages teamwork, commitment, employee growth and a sense of urgency toward business success.
· Ensure all NPI deadlines are met, and PID operational goals are achieved
· Understand customer and dealer technical information needs, and utilize this insight to make process improvements to the information we create and deliver
· Develop collaborative relationships across the Parts Information Division, with customers / dealers and other cross functional groups (specifically product groups) to ensure operational goals are accomplished.
· Lead PID / TIS-wide projects that result in greater process efficiency and increased value to customers and dealers
· Interact very closely with all Caterpillar Product Groups, as well as the Parts Information Division in Peoria.
· Bachelor's level degree
· 6-8 years of relevant work experience
· Skills in people development, process improvement and collaboration
· Proven human relations and communications skills
· Strong initiative, extremely self-driven and able to work at a fast pace
· Excellent team player
· Familiar with customer and dealer product support operations
· Knowledge of the NPI process
· Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
· Demonstrated vision, execution and legacy
· Highly energetic, strong initiative, team player, people person, clear communicator, multi-tasker, previous BB (advantage, but not essential), people skills and can work at a fast pace with very little follow up.
· Has demonstrated leadership skills, even if they haven’t led a team before
· Enjoys process and continually improving it
· Is satisfied with zero travel
· Has mentored others
Is expected to commit to 3-5 years tenure in this role