This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2019
As a Competitive Analysis Consultant, you will assist in
managing the flow, communication and evaluation of relevant competitive
marketing information relating to Caterpillar aftermarket parts / component
product businesses or the Energy & Transportation businesses.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited
* Assists the Competitive Analysis Manager in the systematic collection, evaluation and communication of competitive marketing intelligence. This includes: 1) collection and analysis of the actions, capabilities and strategies of competitive manufacturers on an ongoing basis, 2) updates of competitive activities and their impact on Caterpillar, 3) analysis of trends impacting Caterpillar businesses, and 4) analysis of the impact of Caterpillar's various businesses.
* Works with a variety of internal and external sources for marketing related information and interpretation. Sources include external consultants, industry analysts, suppliers, dealers, customers and Caterpillar employees.
* Provides leadership to Caterpillar businesses regarding potential sources of information about the industries in which they participate, their competitors, or other information about the external business environment that is required for their business decisions.
* Assists in the project management, collection, analysis, and presentation of information required for targeted business intelligence projects which Caterpillar business teams or external customers need to make their business decisions and to support their business strategies. Works with business team managers (or external customers) to integrate the findings into their business decisions.
* Coordinates with various non-marketing departments for their expertise on specific functional issues as well as provide them with input on marketing intelligence.
* Overall responsibility for all facets of this service and provides direction and
training to this position which is expected to work independently with minimal supervision
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
* 5 or more years of job-related experience
* Master's degree in Business Administration or related fields
* Strong analytical skills and
ability to draw insight from diverse sources and broad/ambiguous data sets
* Multi-functional experience
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including capability in developing presentation material for executive management
* Good judgment and the ability to garner the respect of business unit senior management.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers