Caterpillar’s Product Support & Logistics Division – Logistics Information Services (LIS) has an opening for a NetApp Storage Engineer. This is a working team lead position. This position will plan, budget, design, implement, upgrade, test, troubleshoot, and support our virtual server farm and network attached storage infrastructure currently located in a Caterpillar datacenter and remote site servers located at 20 Parts Distribution and Integrated Logistics facilities in North America plus site implementations in Queensland, Australia and Bangalore, India. This position will work with application teams, file share owners, infrastructure support teams, local Site IT Contacts, suppliers, and site management and security to deliver and support secure systems solutions. This position will coordinate work for two other team members.
Travel will be required at end of lease. Off-shift and weekend implementations will be required at end of lease. Off-shift support is required occasionally for incidents.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) for VMware managing physical and virtual server resources, VMware CPU, memory, and storage, and network attached storage (NAS) storage and performance.
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) for NetApp Network Attached Storage (NAS) managing, maintaining, and supporting NetApp clusters (VMware, CIFS, and NFS shares)
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CCTV Systems for site physical security and parts distribution pack stations
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Active Directory and OU management
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) for IT Security Directives across all supported environments
* Complete Enterprise Architecture deliverables for new technology introduction into Caterpillar/PSLD with deep security knowledge
* Manage the operating system (OS) lifecycle and hardware lease cycle
* Consult with business unit operations and LIS IT application teams
* Manage the investigation, analysis, sizing, procurement, capacity, performance, and retirement of Intel-based server hardware and network attached storage
* Manage license compliance for operating systems, VMware, CCTV, Virtual Desktops, Citrix, and RedHat environments.
* Deploy and maintain remote VMware host servers at 22 locations
* Design, implement, and support CCTV systems at Parts Distribution and Integrated Logistics facilities with the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Design and implement MS Windows server solutions for LIS customers
* Manage projects and tasks for the server team
* Forecast and track budget for the Intel server product and submit L-RFI and spend requests
* Support the cost recovery process
* Participate with the off-shift call process. Environments are very stable.
* Engage vendors to resolve incidents
* Manage Business Continuity Planning and participates in Disaster Recovery testing.
People, planning, and organizational skills:
* Demonstrates initiative to validate that all systems are performing properly and sized for the life of the lease
* Plans, organizes, and upgrades existing equipment to stay current with technology
* Responds to Caterpillar enterprise network, server, storage, and IT Security guidelines, initiatives, and mandates
* Interacts frequently with Site IT Contacts at facilities, application teams, network analysts, and IT groups in GIS regularly
for troubleshooting and resolving application and infrastructure performance issues
* Demonstrates high degree of responsibility and ownership
* Displays strong analytical and troubleshooting
* Exhibits strong sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and demonstrates solid teamwork and communications skills
when working with others
* Displays strong customer support skills including excellent communication skills to communicate to technical people and translate technical issues to management and non-technical customers
* Follows ITSM incident, change, and problem practices and meets IT Controls and IT Security Directives
* Generates continuous improvement and innovative ideas to stay current with technology and improve operational efficiency