Job Title: Supplier Performance Engineer – FTC 12 months
Salary: £40,000-£47,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Flexible - Cambridgeshire, North East or Midlands based locations are desired
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to12% bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Considered.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
To join our dynamic, fast paced supply chain department, based in Peterborough. The team are responsible for the on-time delivery of material to the facility, scheduling engine build & machining lines and logistics processes to support operations in the UK, China, Brazil, India and North America. This opportunity will best suit candidates with previous supply chain experience, and a strong technical understanding of supply chain business processes.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Drive up and sustain supplier shipping or delivery performance to Caterpillar Production System (CPS) Level 5 standards
• Deploy root cause analysis of poor supply performance and identify opportunities for
• improvement within external and internal supply chain processes and systems. Prioritise these opportunities, and drive change projects to conclusion.
• Identify opportunities to increase OPACC through reduced total costs of operation. Execute projects to optimise inventory.
• Utilise the Rough-Cut Capacity Planning process to evaluate supplier capacity against Caterpillar demand profile and drive action to close any gaps.
• Create opportunities to support the Engineered Value Chain initiative, through improved supplier response time solutions.
• Drive improved Supplier collaboration through supporting the effective implementation of internal systems
• Documenting agreed principles of working in Supplier Common Goal Agreements
• Support New Product Introduction programs, through the smooth and timely onboarding of new parts and suppliers.
• Train suppliers in the use and appropriate deployment of lean manufacturing, manufacturing planning, CPS and 6 Sigma tools and techniques.
• Use 6 Sigma methodology to capture business benefits of projects undertaken in Supply Chain’s value proposition.
• Development of new processes to solve the problems preventing good supply as well as the improvement of existing processes.
• Be a seasoned specialist in the field of supplier management and development, who will provide guidance and support to supplier representatives.
• Be able to work in an environment of extremely challenging and diverse problems.
• Lead and support project teams that will be drawn from multiple functions such as Logistics Planning, Supply Chain Operations, Purchasing, and Supplier representatives.
• To drive change at suppliers from the highest level of management to shop floor activities.
The position requires up to 60% travel within UK and overseas, frequently visiting supplier facilities.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Degree Qualified or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated understanding of supply chain planning, demand and orders, logistics and manufacturing knowledge
• Proficient project leadership
• Expert communicator, proficient in building collaborative partnerships to work across internal and external organizations – particularly amongst the supplier communities. Able to maintain poise and self-control in emotive situations.
• advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures, especially those with supplier impact
• 6 Sigma/CPS Black Belt Qualified
• Understanding of lean manufacturing techniques
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.