Job Title: Supplier Performance Engineer
Salary: £40,000-£47,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Flexible - Cambridgeshire, North East or Midlands based locations are desired
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% Bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
High Street Discount Website Access
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
To join our dynamic, fast paced international supply chain organisation, centred at our Peterborough Business Park. The team are responsible for the execution of our Supplier Management Strategy to eliminate risk and ensure the on-time delivery of material to our global facilities supporting operations in Europe, the Americas and Asia. This opportunity will best suit candidates with previous supply chain experience, and a strong technical understanding of supply chain business processes.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Identify and mitigate supply chain risk through a proactive supplier management process, including economic, political, climate and industry factors.
• Deploy root cause analysis of poor supplier performance and identify opportunities for
improvement within external and internal supply chain processes and systems. Prioritise these opportunities, and drive change projects to conclusion.
• Identify opportunities to increase OPACC through reduced total costs of operation.
• Utilise the Rough-Cut Capacity Planning process to evaluate supplier capacity against the Caterpillar demand profile and drive actions to validate and close identified gaps.
• Drive improved Supplier collaboration through supporting the effective implementation of Caterpillar tools & systems
• Documenting agreed principles of working in Supplier Common Goal Agreements
• Support New Product Introduction programs, through the smooth and timely onboarding of new parts and suppliers.
• Identify opportunities to train suppliers in the use and appropriate deployment of lean manufacturing, manufacturing planning, Caterpillar Production Systems and 6 Sigma tools and techniques.
• Use 6 Sigma methodology to capture business benefits of projects undertaken in Supply Chain’s value proposition.
• Development of new and existing processes to solve the challenges preventing world class supplier performance
• Be a seasoned specialist in the field of supplier management and development, who will provide guidance and support to supplier representatives.
• Work in an environment of multiple extremely challenging and diverse problems.
• Lead and support cross functional project teams drawing expertise and input from Logistics Planning, Supply Chain Operations, Purchasing, and Supplier representatives.
• To drive change at suppliers from the highest level of management to shop floor activities
The position requires up to 60% travel within UK and overseas, frequently visiting supplier facilities.