This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Panama City, State Not Specified, Panama
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2019
The Cat Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Product Support Specialist Representative. Preferably, this position will be located in Houston, Texas. But it could also be located in Panama City, Florida, Mexico City or Panama. As a Product Support Specialist Representative, the incumbent manages marine product support activities including continuous improvement of Americas South dealer service capability, managing customer issues and product health reporting.
In addition, he/she will coordinate the activities for dealer development to ensure continued success of the Caterpillar (commercial applications and pleasure craft applications), MaK Marine and Cat medium speed generator set products in the assigned Americas South territories.
Customer relationship building, service training, systems set-up, second level network development will all contribute to increase marine parts, service, customer support agreements activity on products and services and advanced offerings sales.
This position also manages goodwill budget that is used to protect future engine sales and to support customers when fair value of our product was not received. As with any customer-focused position, successful conflict management plays a large role in this position.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
* Liaise among dealers, end customers and other Caterpillar personnel and divisions.
* Accountable for identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems (technical and commercial) in assigned discipline/district.
* Develop and meet expectations; deliver results, identify and recommend alternative courses of actions, make timely decisions and develop greater communication skills.
* Analyze and communicate marketplace and competitive activity as well as identification of Caterpillar systems advantages and shortcomings to Caterpillar and dealer personnel.
* Consult on existing and potential customer equipment management solutions with a focus on the fleet management value stream and specific customer issues.
* Advise on and recommend ways to enhance customer loyalty.
* Promote programs that increase sales and maximize price realization and profit margins.
* Identify and support rollout of new products
* Assist dealers in business planning and on effectiveness of meeting expected business results.
* Recommend ways to enhance customer satisfaction through training, financial/insurance services, customer support agreements, PIP completion, etc.
* Consult with dealers on process improvement methods and assist with process evaluation.
* Understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization.
* Stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs