Location: Peterborough, Cambs
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000(Depending on Experience)
25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage High Street Discounted website
Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Flexible working options will be considered in line with business needs
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
An opportunity exists within IPSD Sales & Marketing Group, for an engineering project specialist, working in the Applications Engineering team, as part of the Service and Customer Support group (SCS). The Applications engineering team are the primary technical interface with 3rd party customers and are responsible for product integration into customers machines, from engine selection, validation through to production.
The role will require an element of regional and global travel to support key customer projects across 0.5L to 18L engines and will allow the candidate to broaden their technical and commercial experience, as well as develop deep expertise with our product and market segments, customer product requirements, machine performance, NPI and customer management.
This customer facing engineering role is a great opportunity to gain deep product and customer knowledge, an essential foundation in building a professional career within Caterpillar and progression to senior grades in engineering, sales, marketing and product management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Own customer technical relationship from project concept to delivery, supporting sales, acting as customer trusted advisor including ability to perform basic installation tests on engines
• Develop the technical expertise and A&I capabilities of the Caterpillar Dealers and Perkins Distributors to give a world-class service supporting technical queries as needed
• Work with the team and customers to select the best technical engine solutions to meet the customers project goals for quality, time and cost
• Advise how to improve machine efficiency & performance through ideal engine selection, knowledge of customer’s machines, rapid response to issues and requests for new designs
• Approving customer machines for production by judging approval risk and balancing high installation standards with customers experience and machine requirements
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• HNC Qualified or equivalent practical experience within an engineering discipline
• Understanding of engine performance, design, field testing or manufacturing
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
• Ability to plan and drive actions through the organisation
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• In depth technical understanding
• Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science
• No direct reports
• 25% Travel to global location – Occasional 24 hours request time
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.K. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers