This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019
As an Engineering/Technology Team Leader in Caterpillar’s Large Electric Power Controls/Electrical Center of Excellence team, you will provide project/design leadership and have an opportunity to direct and participate in the design and development of new controls packaging designs and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability. You will manage the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technologies, mentor and coach enterprise team members and deepen your professional network.
* Leads global teams in the design of new products, systems, processes and components
* Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles
* Creates concepts and directs the design and development of complex engineering projects
* Prepares concept, design, development and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects
* Prepares development plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates
* Acts as the development team leader by interacting with team members, manufacturing locations and process partners
* Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products
* Coordinates product test with proven design and prototype build up and test areas
* Provides guidance to other engineers responsible for portions of the product project to ensure development schedules are met
* Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems
* Uses technical expertise and product knowledge to play leadership role in the problem resolution process when
interfacing with Test and Evaluation, Service, Plant personnel, suppliers and consultants
* Works with manufacturability teams resolving problems with manufacturing and statistical process controls
* Mentors and coaches team members, engineering partners and interns.
* Bachelors degree in an accredited Electrical Engineering curriculum, or equivalent experience, and 5-7 years in progressive engineering assignments to gain a mastery of complex engineering and manufacturability concepts, or a Masters degree in an accredited Electrical Engineering curriculum and 3-5 years in progressive engineering assignments to gain a mastery of complex engineering and manufacturability concepts
* Strong electrical aptitude with a demonstrated ability to develop and articulate product concepts
* Excellent analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to perform complex assignments
* Demonstrated excellent judgment and decision making ability
* Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems, ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work groups
* Strong leadership with proven ability to drive change through fostering collaboration
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coach less-experienced team members
* Design experience in Pro/E, Creo or Creo schematics
* Design experience with electrical systems, controls, generators, breakers etc.