When you are a Sales Support Engineer at Caterpillar, you will contribute to increased worldwide sales by providing dealers timely, complete and accurate counsel and technical assistance for standard and modified products.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in providing technical support to dealers, marketing and manufacturing personnel on design, product application, failure analysis and other information.
* Assist in providing technical support to key suppliers and dealers in the area of product field assembly.
* Provide various personnel within the company design guidance on custom products, cost estimates and technical information not normally published.
* Support field repairs associated with products produced locally.
* Liaise with product groups and sales and marketing areas with providing information regarding custom products, product modifications or applications.
* Lead projects to develop custom products and coordinates these products with Engineering, Planning and Scheduling groups within the Operations.
* Undertake and lead technical projects associated with continuous improvement through 6 Sigma and CPS methodologies.
* Thorough knowledge of Caterpillar products and their technical aspects and applications.
* Hold a Bachelors Degree and experience with Caterpillar product applications.
* Good knowledge of product design and manufacturing processes.
* Creative ability to develop complex modifications as well as evaluate ideas suggested by dealers and customers.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, analysis, problem resolution, organizational skills.
* Willingness to learn.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.