For 90+ years, Caterpillar Inc.
has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on
every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop
infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and
revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of
construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial
gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates
through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource
Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and
related services through its Financial Products segment.
As an Assembly and Test Specialist. You will continuously improve process efficiency by performing routine assembly and test of assemblies of our prime product.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
* Operate test machines to test final drive assemblies
* Prepare prime products and attachments for shipping
* Performs required salvage operations in assembly areas as necessary
* Disassemble and reassemble complex assemblies to repair or replace damages component parts
* May operate remote control crane to specially equipped vehicles to transport prime product
This opening is on an off shift - 2nd or 3rd
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* A good mechanical background or industrial assembly experiences a plus.
* Caterpillar will train applicants who have a strong employment history and work ethic.
Top Candidates will possess:
* Ability to perform simple computer operations
* Knowledge of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain (5S)
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
This is an Off Shift position - working 2nd or 3rd Shifts.
Position is located in Decatur, IL - no relocation package is offered
Positions are supplemental (40 or more hours per week but with no vacation or holiday pay and limited benefits)
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/span folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.