Logistics Engineering Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019
As a Distribution Engineering Supervisor at Caterpillar, the incumbent will direct and coordinate the efforts of engineers and planners engaged in logistics engineering and planning efforts for Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) and its customers; insuring that Logistics Operations facilities operate at the maximum efficiency and under the best practices available for the Integrated Logistics.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical direction, personal development and career planning to the engineering team members
• Responsible for coordinating, collaborating and providing comprehensive logistics solutions in the areas of warehouse design, point of use design and analytics
• Identify innovative tools and solutions in the areas of warehouse design and operations
• Engage actively with Supply Chain team for process improvements and new projects
• Manage projects on time and under cost targets
• Knowledge management and governance processes to improve solution design and optimization processes thru continuous improvement based on business feedback and external benchmarking
• An advanced College or university degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years' experience in the area of warehouse and Point Of Use design
• Operations experience in Distribution Center/ Warehouse environment a plus
• Knowledge of Lean concepts and tools and committed to Quality and Continuous Improvement
• Strong interpersonal and people management skill
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Up to 60 percent business travel may be needed
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.