Inventory Analyst - 1st Shift (Hodges, South Carolina)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Hodges, SC, United States
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2019
While working at Caterpillar Inc., you will work in an environment that supports excellence. You will support your team in efforts of continuous improvement. Under limited direction, performs a variety of logistic support activities in the areas of logistics planning, materials planning, and packaging analysis and other duties as assigned. Typically reports to a supervisor.
Job duties may include:
- Plan for supplier material deliveries, track information on suppliers including replenishment schedules, and monitor packaging quantities and usage.
- Prepare inventory reports and determine the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet the master production schedule.
- Initiate purchase or production requisitions as appropriate.
- Create and review procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Ensures purchased material is ordered, shipped and delivered to meet scheduled build requirements while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Use of multiple Caterpillar information systems to track and plan for material, inventory, and shipping.
- May prepare receiving report and note record shortages and damaged materials. Prepares and/or assembles required shipping documents.
- Investigate and resolve receiving discrepancies and notify appropriate personnel of results or required actions.
- Analyze product workflow and develops logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management.
- May communicate with suppliers daily to expedite, stop, or change the delivery of materials.
- May rotate to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Root cause corrective action
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
- 2-year degree or 5+ years of related work experience in Materials Operations, Packaging or Planning.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top Candidates will also have:
- At least 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Supply chain experience
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate proficiency in Material Tracking systems
- Production planning experience
- Vendor management experience
- This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $19.31/hour in Hodges, SC
- Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants
- No relocation benefits are available
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers