This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Major Role: To design the optimized Product Supply Network in collaboration with the Product Group
and other necessary process partners through the Total Cost of Supply process. They lead the Total
Cost of Supply analyses and network design and improvement projects, ensure PFEP reflects the
engineered value chain, and participate as team member for inbound and outbound logistics planning
projects for their area of responsibility.
Reporting directly to the Product Supply Supervisor, this role will undertake specific Product purchasing
responsibility and accountability. It will support the implementation of Product Group strategies while
collaborating to align the Category management supply strategies that will create a competitive
advantage for our customers by developing, optimizing, and integrating a world-class supply network.
Strategy - Through a strong knowledge of the product, NPI, and Category Strategies the incumbent will
sponsor, support and participate in both product and GSND initiates. Drive supply network collaboration
for developing new products (NPI), and/or enhancing Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) efforts
and/or creating valued new services by leveraging their leading technologies and business knowledge.
Customers - Manage Product expectations for Global Supply Network, to deliver benefits required to
sustain a competitive advantage. The role will require a good communicator capable of keeping the
customer and Global Supply Network fully informed of progress and working closely with both to ensure
all requirements are met. This role will interface with the local Product management to ensure alignment
of strategies and manage expectations.
· Previous purchasing experience of 2-4 years required
· Bachelor’s degree – or equivalent experience required
· Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; Certified
· Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in
· Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable international certification is preferred.
· Affiliation with Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and American Production and Inventory Control
· Society (APICS), or comparable professional purchasing organization, preferred.
· Proficiency in English is required; Local site language preferred
· Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience preferred
· Facility with lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles is preferred
· Previous cost modeling experience preferred
· Incumbent must have well-developed communication and negotiation skills