This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Thiruvallur, TN, India
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2019
JOB PURPOSE: This position will be responsible for the procurement of Air, Forwarding, Brokerage, Parcel , ocean and ground transportation services for Caterpillar operations in India and Australia region. This is a global role that works with regional operations team to define business requirements and drive global / regional carrier strategy that supports overall organizational objectives. Key work activities include managing a network of global transportation providers, strategically sourcing to meet operational objectives, bidding process, contracts administration and driving carrier performance
· Procure international and domestic transportation services that meet Cat’s complex global operational network and procurement standard requirements. Key focus around strategic sourcing to ensure capacity, service and market competitive price objectives are met.
· Leads regional contract negotiations with transportation providers to achieve service and price that meet operational objectives and in accordance with Cat’s long-term carrier strategy.
· Leads transportation procurement Strategic Planning & Control projects in AP region
· Work with transportation operations team to define business requirements (statements of work), incorporate requirements into bid tool and executes competitive bid/RFP.
· Establish service provider selection criteria and evaluate those service provider’s capabilities against these criteria.
· Work with Caterpillar’s legal services to ensure that all carrier contracts provide the Caterpillar Enterprise with appropriate legal protections.
· Act as commercial escalation for unresolved carrier issues.
· Drives carrier performance, as defined by operations, to ensure carriers are accountable for meeting service commitments.
· Track market rates using analytical tools and communicate those market trends through summary reports to appropriate management and key business units on a regular basis.
· Ensure carrier cost drivers are understood and communicated as needed.
· Work with service providers to establish quarterly or semi-annual business reviews and ensure those business reviews are held with appropriate business units.
· Drive visibility of transportation rates/services through new or existing technology platforms (GT Nexus, TiContract,JDA)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or related field
· 8+ years’ experience in logistics, transportation and supply chain related to freight forwarding, customs brokerage, airfreight, parcel and LCL services
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement of transportation services to include the development and execution of complex tenders (bids) and associated tools and technology platforms (eSourcing / eContracting / Ticontaract / GT Nexus / JDA etc), development and execution of contracts as shipper or service provider
· People Management (development, training, mentoring)
· Must be proficient in using Microsoft based applications such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Six Sigma Green Belt Experience
· Experience in a global work environment
· Strong negotiation skills
· Change Management & Project management skills