This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Denver, CO, United States
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for a Business Analyst to play a key role defining products focused on our Fleet Management digital solutions to join our team.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and digitally enabled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, generates a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets that optimize our dealer and customer’s operations to make them more efficient and ultimately more profitable.
The Business Analyst is a role that requires strong analytical and communication skills along with the ability to quickly understand, document, articulate, and represent end customer requirements with our business and software engineering teams. You will be responsible for product research, product definition, requirements management, and for supporting the product execution throughout the Product Lifecycle. This role includes strong problem solving, leadership, and relationship building skills.
Job Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Apply best in class business analysis processes and tools
· Research and recognize digital trends
· Collaborate with others to identify and define requirements and develop approaches to solving challenges
· Seek input from relevant areas of the business
· Understand the impact and changes in behavior needed to adopt or make changes in digital solutions
· Contribute to competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities with the product
· Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that may impact the product
· Assist with presentations for leaders and others to influence direction and assist with organization change management for digital needs
• Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university
• 3+ years of job related experience in digital product definition / development
Top candidates will also have:
• Experience applying best in class business analysis processes and tools
• Proven experience in conducting market research, competitive analysis and user research
• Fleet Management domain experience
• Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
• Experience defining MDPs, MVPs and MMPs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
• Experience supporting beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to resolve business issues
• Experience and desire to work in a global environment and travel as required
• Professionalism, strong business acumen – possess insight to larger business goals and objectives and understand how the role fits into the overall strategy
• Team player – flexible, able to adjust to shifting priorities; positive “can-do” attitude
• Proven communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to partner and build relationships across all levels of the organization from team members to senior leadership is required.
• Basic skills working with people from different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, and the ability to resolve differences and issues.
• Ability to adapt quickly to high velocity and change.
• The ability to demonstrate digital capabilities if necessary and basic product support experience is desired.