As Test/Validation Senior Engineer you will serve as an experience, individual contributor on projects and assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute to the identification, analysis, and resolution of needs and problems in a discipline for which you are beginning to build a reputation as an expert
* Perform complex analysis work, identifies, and solves problems
* Technical delivery
* Evaluate products and processes
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Perform product maintenance
* Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
* Communicate technical information to dealers, customers, team members, suppliers, and other units
* Support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers
* Develop and maintain a keen understanding of internal and external customers' needs
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 4-6 years of related experience in design, analysis, test or service of rotating mechanical components
* Also requires demonstrated mechanical experience, analytical skills, ability to manage complex and conflicting information, good hands-on skills.
* Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
* Highly desired
is a working knowledge of metallurgy, heat treat, material hardness,
lubrication, electronic controls.
* Knowledge of
programmable logic controls or related systems is a plus.
Caterpillar is not currently
hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require
sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.