Are you looking for your next big challenge?
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.7 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for talented and motivated UI developers to join the application team. Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers.
We are looking for Senior Frontend Developers that are eager to use cutting edge application development tools and techniques to deliver a best-in-class user experience. This incumbent will work with an innovative, cross-platform, customer-centric team, working in a high pace environment.
JOB DUTIES: As a Senior Front-end Developer, you will contribute to design and development of Caterpillar’s digital applications.
• Design and develop scalable UI applications in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure)
• Provide technical leadership in UI technology standards.
• Provides guidance to project teams regarding UI guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
• Collaborate and pair with other development team members to design and develop new, scalable, secure, and reliable features and exciting experiences utilizing modern application development design patterns.
• Review the quality of designs and implementation of solutions implemented by the frontend developers/leads
• Mentor junior team members
• Collaborate with product owners and system integration engineers to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
• Write unit test cases including “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in production
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform unit tests and peer code reviews
• Optimizes design for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
• Provides Tier III application support for application running in production
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software
development experience especially in front end development
- 3+ years of
candidates will have:
- Proven experience in many of
- Modern web frameworks such
as Angular 2 or above
- Understanding of HTML 5, CSS3, ES6+ and Web
- Design principles and
patterns Protractor/ Jasmine/ Karma
- Application architecture
patterns such as MVC, MVM and MVVM
- Test Driven UI
Development (TDD) and Behavioural Driven Development(BDD) using testing frameworks
such as Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Supertest, Selenium, Cucumber etc
- Responsive Web Design and
- Hands on experience of
tools like Webpack, Gulp etc
- CSS pre-processors like
SASS or LESS
- Cloud-based development in
Azure or AWS
- In depth hands-on
experience in NodeJS
- Strong understanding of web
performance and tools for performance optimization
- Strong understanding of
state management libraries like Redux, NRGX
- Exposure to modern web
application framework such as RUBY on Rails, Spring MVC
- Experience in Less, CORS,
OAuth2, jQuery UI, RequireJS, Backbone.js, Toastr is a plus.
- Integrating with and /or
defining, developing and maintaining web service API’s (RESTful,
JSON-RPC) at scale
- Working with Node based
development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting
consistency, linting, testing, bundling etc.
- Ability to work under
pressure and within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and
an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership on
medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities