This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019
As an Administrative Assistant at Caterpillar, you will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to a cooperative team. You will provide support to the new GCI Global Marketing Department to allow for efficient operations reporting to Corne Timmermans. This position is located in Peoria, IL.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Relieve principals of administrative duties; technical and analytical responsibilities that require independent judgement, discretion and initiative.
* Work from generally outlined instructions with little guidance and organize, investigate and complete individual projects and assignments.
* Perform detailed and complex functions associated with continuing departmental activities and objectives.
* Take and transcribe dictated material, transcribe from dictating equipment.
* Arrange appointments, receive calls, make travel reservations and perform special assignments for a global team.
* Operate a personal computer - type, set up meetings, calendar events/activities, send and receive messages, upload/download information using various programs.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Demonstrated administrative skills gained through minimum 3 years of experience in the field.
* Good judgment and initiative in assisting and relieving the manager by performing administrative support functions.
* Able to communicate skillfully and be a confidential, self-starting individual with strong dedication.
* Intermediate knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Minimum of 1 year experience with global travel scheduling
Top Candidates will also have:
* A college or university degree