3rd Shift Welder 2 - Sanford, NC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sanford, NC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2019
*This is a nonexempt hourly position with a starting wage of $20.33 plus 3rd shift 5% premium per hour in Sanford, NC.
Under general supervision, directly supports the fabrication of structures (Lifting Tackle, Assembly Fixtures & Aids, Custom Tooling, Part Presentation, Work Benches, etc.) utilizing tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, quality checks, inspection, ergonomics, and other duties as assigned. This position will not only be responsible for welding components, but for problem solving and designing solutions as well. The expectation is that once given a problem, this person should be able to independently solve and implement a solution on the assembly line that is Safe, of High Quality, and cost effective to make the process as efficient as possible using various welding techniques.
Essential Functions/Percentage of Time Spent on Each:
- Manual MIG Welding: 40%
- Manual TIG Welding: 10%
- Aluminum Welding: 10%
- Follow and utilizes CPS Principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work to help improve the assembly process: 40%
- Must be able to inspect own work including quality checks utilizing weld and attribute gauges and other measuring tools
- Must be able to repair defective welds
- Must be able to perform routine maintenance on Welding Equipment & other Fabrication Equipment including but not limited to wire changes and nozzle replacement
- Must be able to use lifting devices to move heavy fabricated metal components into weld fixtures.
- Must be able to follow documented procedures such as standard work, routings, and blue prints.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: General Knowledge of Manufacturing, Methods, and Processes
- Specific Skills: Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with MIG and TIG Welding, specifically with Aluminum.
Top Candidates will also:
- Function as part of a Team
- have the willingness to be multi-trained and maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area
- have effective communication skills
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.