This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Xuzhou, 32, China
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2019
JOB DUTIES: Though organizations vary, incumbent typically provides supervision with both technical and administrative responsibility for a team of primarily management staff. Overall accounting policies have been prescribed, but there is a continual need to interpret, coordinate and record activities resulting from constantly changing business conditions. In addition, this position identifies and develops specific accounting policies, practices, processes or systems to support business needs. Incumbent has a comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s accounting processes & systems and typically has had prior supervisory experience.
Reporting directly to the incumbent are various levels of primarily management accountants and possibly some salaried support positions.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Accounting Supervisor I are divided into three areas:
· Supervises primarily management personnel who perform accounting functions of varying complexity including working with selected financial systems, interpreting and adhering to Caterpillar’s accounting practices and procedures.
· Manages a team and their related workload, prioritizes projects, assigns and reviews work, and controls the daily operating environment.
· Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction, complies with personnel practices, and promotes team rewards and successes.
· Provides technical guidance and expertise.
· Motivates team members to work towards individual and team goals and objectives, and fosters an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
· Participates in the development and support of business strategies
· Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers, including presentations to all levels of management.
· Proactively interacts with customers to develop, understand and manage customer requirements and expectations.
· Serves as liaison between customer, team and data providers and manages customer relationships.
· Identifies, establishes, prioritizes and communicates goals and objectives of team.
· Provides services, makes recommendations and manages costs.
Performing Complex Staff Work
· Leads initiatives outside team to represent the
· Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.