Product Application Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2019
As a Product Application Specialist in the Job Site Solutions
Organization you will be responsible for concepting and developing Production Optimization
solutions for end customer contracts. The
solutions will be in support of the commercial commitments which directly
support end customer business needs. You will also need to manage the end
solutions ensuring they are delivering the necessary value to the end
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include,
but are not limited to:
- Working across the JSS Production Optimization
- Interpreting and
refining business requirements into tangible technical needs, and further
developing these needs into a functional working capability set.
- Validation and testing
the solutions that you develop. Further refining and effectively
productionizing, reliability and the robustness of the solution.
- Leveraging enterprise
wide capability where it is applicable. In addition, leveraging
support from organizations that are responsible for doing so.
- Researching and
understanding new technologies.
- Working in areas that
you are otherwise unfamiliar but are a necessity in order to meet commercial
- Managing customer
expectations and ongoing delivery of the solution to the end
- Partnering with internal
capability partners, the dealer and the end customer to drive the solution
to deliver value.
- 2+ years experience with Python
- 2+ years experience designing and building API
- Experience with graphical user interface design
- Data Management experience (efficient data architecture
and interface design)
- Data analysis experience (proven ability to suggest
insights based on large data sets)
- Experience with relational database management Systems
such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. Proven ability to develop robust
database logic in order to deliver on desired outcome.
- B.S. in Engineering/Technical Field
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with onboard telematics systems: VIMS
and Product Link.
proven ability to develop a customer focused strategy and work with a team
to execute the strategy.
Innovator and determined problem solver.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with statistics
- Experience in engineering systems design and analysis
- Project management experience and a strong
commitment to see projects through to completion.
- Experience with Information Design Tool, Web
Intelligence, Xcelisus Dashboards, and Design Studio.
- PYQT experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers