IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Facility Supply Manager located in our Morton, IL facility. As a Facility Supply Manager at Caterpillar, you will manage supply network procurement related activities for a facility as the Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) representative and the primary contact for the Facility / Divisional Leaders. Staff, direct, and provide leadership to a local team of supply network professionals to deliver procurement excellence and integration between PSLD and the local facility. Deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock and additional required points.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
- Spend: $125+ Million
- Business Partner Impact: Business Unit
- Category Difficulty: Critical
- Process Difficulty: Critical
- Personnel Location: Local
- Number of shipments/receipts coming to facility: 50k+
- Duns Suppliers Managed: 125+
- Number of Active part numbers: 100000+
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Major Role: Accountable for operating and monitoring the global supply network procurement functions, as designed, to meet the defined response time, cost, quality and lean targets enabling optimal and efficient facility operations, collaborating with business partners and suppliers as the relationship manager for PSLD procurement functions, and resolving facility specific supplier issues.
- Provide leadership to a local team of Supply Network Professionals and act as primary liaison with corresponding Category and Product Purchasing and Logistics managers.
- People - This person will manage a team of procurement professionals who will ensure the supplier network is capable of meeting the specific facilities’ Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM) requirements. Reporting directly to this position are, Supply Network professionals, Supply Network Supplier Quality Engineers, Supply Network Specialists. This position reports directly to the Supply Facility Manager and will be accountable for implementing the network as designed related to specific strategies from both Category & Product Supply at the Facility level to create a competitive advantage for our customers.
- The position will support the implementation of Category, Product & Logistics supply management strategies that will create a competitive advantage for our customers by integrating the designed world-class supply network into the facility to deliver local service excellence. Ensure on-going plans are in effect with supply network key to the local facility’s main initiatives, to improve performance across QCLDM. This will require the support and involvement of key functions within the facility to effectively build relationships with that encourage trust, professionalism, value and continuous improvement.
- Leadership - Manage Facility expectations for PSLD, to deliver benefits required to sustain a competitive advantage. The role will require a good communicator capable of keeping the customer/operations fully informed of progress and working closely with both to ensure alignment of strategies and manage expectations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Previous purchasing experience
- 8+ years of job related experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- Society (APICS), or comparable professional purchasing organization
- Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience preferred
- Knowledge of Quality, Lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles
- Incumbent must have well-developed communication skills
- Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable international certification
- Professional certification in Purchasing (C.P.M) and/or Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Affiliation with Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and American Production and Inventory Control
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.