This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2019
Caterpillar is hiring an IT ERP Strategy and Deployment Manager! Join our team and make an impact across our IT organization.
Critical Work Role Position Performs:
As the ERP Deployment Manager for Caterpillar’s GIS Division, you will hold a critical role in helping Caterpillar’s Business Units transform from “before” to “after”. Your leaders and their teams will be the key drivers to help define, blueprint, and deploy strategic ERP solutions at Caterpillar facilities, transforming the way business operates and helping business partners to find and realize significant business benefits along the journey.
This will be accomplished by 1) participating in and defining the ERP strategy, 2) partnering with internal IT, internal business and external partners to plan and determine appropriate solutions by facility, and 3) leading the teams who lead the efforts to fulfill deployments across the Caterpillar landscape.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead teams with accountability for delivering ERP solutions to Caterpillar’s business partners.
* Own relationships with IT business partners to help plan and communicate ERP approaches
* Partnership with Enterprise Architecture teams to ensure strategic alignment
* Own relationship with external partners as it pertains to ERP deployments
Primary provider of communications to both leaders and staff, helps manage the
technical training and development of these, assists in career development
planning including responsibility for the motivation of staff to meet
objectives, formal performance evaluation of staff and is accountable for
accomplishment of group objectives
* Maintain and run a budget for your accountable scope.
* Create and maintain ongoing strategic workforce planning for your accountable scope
Reporting to this position are IT Supervisors, Senior IT Supervisors, Technology Specialists, Information Systems Specialists, Business Managers and the various applications, technical and operations staffs within the Service Center or Business Unit IS organization.
* 13 to 15 years of progressively complex information system experience
* 7+ years of experience with ERP systems and technology
* 2+ years of experience in leadership of teams with an enterprise systems focus
* Team member or lead experience on at least 3 enterprise ERP deployment projects
* Deep technical understanding of the infrastructure, application, and integration layers of the entire ERP stack.
* proven ability to manage a budget of at least $1m
* Strong business acumen
* Good interpersonal, teaming, delegation, and leadership and communications skills
* Adaptability and quick learning
* 7+ years of experience with SAP enterprise
* Experience with deployment of SAP’s S4 platform to production
* Experience with deployment and support of the QAD ERP system
* Experience with vendor onboarding, contract negotiation, and relationship management.
* Ability to provide strategic direction for effectively managing staff, budgets, business plans, one-year project plans and developing 2 to 5 year plans with customers and information systems
* Ability to work with diversified departments within multiple service centers of a larger business unit along with effective oral and written communications skills
* Strong customer focus.
The Hiring Manager sits in East Peoria, IL but location is flexible and can be remote.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers