IT’S YOUR CAREER. MAKE IT MATTER.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for an Market Consultant.
As a Market Consultant at Caterpillar, you will serve as a consultant and Divisional expert in a specialized field or specialty area where decisions and recommendations are made for strategic advantage and contribute to the Division’s business and long-term leadership position.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides consulting and project services covering New Product Introduction (NPI), market and distribution needs to stimulate breakthrough solutions that would help in market leadership
- Participates with management in planning major programs and objectives for the Division
- Provides direction for future product, distribution and industry needs and continue to improve their skills at sharing this expertise at higher industry levels with business unit management
- Works independently with considerable freedom of action and is broadly subject to functional policies and ultimate goals
- Manages the compliance of its own assignments and keeps up to date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment
- Provides support to business units in assessing potential acquisitions or dealer consolidations
- Participates in long-term strategy development, assists in developing and maintaining multi-year plans and objectives and provides competitive analysis to support business planning
- Interprets competitive current and future capabilities and plans and executes financial analysis for the use in profit center strategic planning
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- 8+ years of specific industry sales experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics market place and competition (dealer/distributor/brands market)
- Broad business background, specific long-term industry knowledge and excellent communication skills
- Must be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods
Top candidates will also have:
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.