Information Architect, Cat Digital
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for a talented and motivated Information Architect to help build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
JOB DUTIES: As an Information Architect you will be part of the Data & Analytics architecture team responsible for building information & integration architecture for business use cases as part of development of overall solution design. You will also be responsible for providing data architecture & analytics input to architecture, data developing data strategy, establishing data standards, designing data management tool strategy, and supporting overall digital platform architecture.
- Lead development of high-level information and integration architecture for business use cases
- Lead development of high-level design for building advanced analytics model and deploy based on specific use cases
- Review/collaborate with solution architects to on overall solution & rough-order-of-magnitude (ROM) development
- Participate and contribute to build data governance policies, processes, and capabilities
- Participate and contribute to data governance, API governance, Architecture Review Board (ARB) and other activities
- Responsible/participate for building design patterns working closely with business partners and data SMEs
- Support effort to develop enterprise data model and data catalog for digital platform
- Develop and/or support data standards for the enterprise data platform
- Expected to keep up with emerging trends & technologies, new startups in big data and analytics and keep abreast of latest related research
- Mentor and coach architects to develop talent pipeline of information and integration architects
- Support efforts to migrate legacy systems to enterprise data platforms
- Be an evangelist to promote understanding and usage of enterprise data to build digital applications
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in a computer or related field
- 8+ years of IT job experience related to data architecture & data integration for traditional and big data solution
- Must have broad understanding and experience in legacy and modern information & integration technologies – and at least two or more of the following: Big Data transformations, Telematics data processing, Advanced Analytics & Data Governance
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC implementation in public cloud eco-system including environments management, test automation, peer review, CI/CD, resource optimization, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in defining strategy and architecting complex integrated enterprise solutions for digital applications
Top candidates will also have:
- Keen self-interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and acquire practical knowledge on how to apply them for business use
- Experience with AWS data technologies like DynamoDB, RDS, Glue, etc.
- Strong leadership skills to communicate and influence business and IT leaders
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring architects, technical leads, and developers
- Familiarity with ML and data analytics (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of enterprise data integration and analytical platforms (C3 IoT, etc.)
- Hands-on development experience in public cloud environment (AWS preferred)