This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Xuzhou, 32, China
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2019
As a Supplier Development Engineer, you will
provide technical expertise to commodity/product teams for evaluation and
development of new and existing suppliers in terms of quality, technical and
cost requirements related to engine component purchases.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide the technical leadership to evaluate worldwide supplier capability and assure supplier technical development to adequately meet commodity/product sourcing plans
* Evaluate supplier technical capability and provide technical development of the suppliers necessary to meet design, quality and material specifications
* Provide assistance to product groups in resolution of quality problems associated with the supplied material
* Develop an aggressive cost improvement program with suppliers to achieve global engine products profitability goals
* Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of technological developments and trends for guidance of commodity teams in advancements of design, quality and manufacturing
* Manage the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others
*Proactively working with supplier to improve their process capability to prevent quality issue from happening.
* BIQ / Lean deployment at supplier
* Strong knowledge of at least one of the following: material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing operations and traffic systems
* Good understanding of APQP /
* Good manage of quality tool, such as 8D, 7 Tools, SPC etc
* Good analytical skills
* College or university degree or equivalent experience
* 5 to 8 years of job-related experience are typically required
* Good human relations skills to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
* Previous experiences on Non-Metallic components are preferred
* Good understanding of quality management system