Job Title: Demand & Order (D&O) Scheduling Analyst
Salary Range: £29,868- £34,500 (Depending on Experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Perkins Stafford Engine Centre is part of the Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division. The facility is responsible for the design, development and manufacture of large diesel engines which are used primarily in Generator Sets for the Electric Power market. With a history stretching back more than 85 years, Perkins is one of the world’s leading providers of diesel and gas engines. Our applications are used as both Primary and Standby Generator power units in key facilities, infrastructures and buildings worldwide.
The Demand & Orders Team is critical to the success of the business by linking multiple business units and interfacing daily with internal and external customers. The team prides itself on achieving continued excellence; offering superior customer experience, maximising global capacity and managing optimum strategic inventory holding.
The Demand & Orders Analyst is pivotal to the team’s success and you will play a key role supporting the conversion of the global sales forecast into a master production schedule that supports profitable growth. There is scope within this role to develop an improved analytical landscape to visualise and understand trends in build and sales and use this to propose and implement new global planning strategies to shape the future of the business.
Job Duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Working closely with the Planning Manager to create and implement Master Production schedules (MPS) for engine manufacturing; weekly and monthly.
• Ensuring customer lead time targets are maintained and improved.
• Capturing and utilising forecast accuracy for build and sales to build a dynamic MPS
• Validating capacity plans with Operations and Material Planning teams
• Supporting the management of inventory by ensuring the MPS is dynamic
• Responsible for supply chain build and sales, month end reporting and auditing.
• Reporting current performance metrics and projecting future positions.
• Streamlining Excel planning tools to improve efficiency
• Representing the team at inventory and operations management reviews
• Support the introduction of supply chain control meetings.
• Employing visual management to analyse, propose, influence and implement plans.
• Analytical skills
• Strong IT ability, preferably with ERP systems such as QAD, SAP or similar.
• A professional, positive and “can-do” attitude, committed to providing and excellent level of customer service.
• Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external clients at all levels.
• Team player who is flexible and responds to new challenges positively.
• Excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in analysing data and identifying trends.
• STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Degree
• College or university degree (or equivalent) in a supply chain or manufacturing related discipline or equivalent experience.
• The successful candidate will preferably have supply chain or manufacturing related work experience, with experience in production planning/scheduling.