This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Athens, GA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2019
DO MEANINGFUL WORK
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an Operational Technology (OT) Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex projects that may span multiple organizations (Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Purchasing and Accounting). You will develop your professional network and leadership skills, assisting in the creation and support of technology and data-driven solutions that enable Caterpillar success.
This is not a traditional IT position, it is a data focused role that blends the functions of operations and business process engineering with technology to increase quality and speed of deployment of innovative solutions to solve business problems. The key areas of focus are driving efficiencies into our processes, reducing inventory and improving quality.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate critical thinking skills and can derive actionable insights from the data. He or she must also be a structured thinker and worker, be very detail-oriented, and have a high sense of urgency. The position will also have opportunity to get involved with other systems and technology related projects going on throughout the plant.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Designing and implementing processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support.
* Uncover areas within the business to drive efficiency improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution.
* Helping teams understand, mine, and clean the data needed for analytic projects of simple to medium complexity.
* Provide insights to the business through analytics and development of custom reports and dashboards.
* Measure and track critical cross-functional KPIs and initiatives.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer, Engineering,
or Operations related field.
* Three to six years of progressively responsible IT, Engineering or Operations job-related experiences.
* Knowledge of the latest technology in programming languages, computing hardware & software and current development processes and tools.
* Proficiency with SQL and its variations among popular databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, HANA).* Experience working with data visualization applications like Tableau and Power BI.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Have a developing knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures and a general knowledge of the Caterpillar organization.
* Experience as a “power user” in a Caterpillar data system and be able to go beyond the normal boundaries of that system to derive extended meaning from that system’s data.
* Experience and understanding of one or more SAP ERP Modules (Production Planning, Material Management, Warehouse Management, etc…).
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers