As an Environmental, Health and/or Safety Professional, you will serve as an experienced, individual contributor on Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) projects and assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar facility performance and compliance.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Identify applicable EHS regulations and evaluates impact to the facility
* Perform inspections and tests to verify compliance.
* Identify existing and potential EHS problems.
* Participate in developing corrective measures.
* Develop procedures to assure continuing compliance with regulations and organization standards.
* Develop management systems for EHS functions
* Perform EHS audits
* Develop EHS training programs
* Complete reports for submission to EPA or OSHA
* Monitor EHS performance and recommends priorities and actions for improvement.
* Review new products, equipment, and processes for potential risks and recommends modifications
* Collaborate with employees and supervisors to identify and mitigate EHS risks.
*Develop standards and work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through EHS inspections.
* Ensure compliance with organization and government EHS standards.
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong technical leadership skills
* Degree in an appropriate scientific discipline (consideration will be given to equivalent environmental/health/safety experience)
* 2 to 7 years of environmental/health/safety experience
* Ability to perform complex assignments