This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Provide credit and documentation support for Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Negotiates financial transactions and prepares transactions for documentation and funding with emphasis placed on complex transactions.
2. Assists in administration of wholesale and retail customer "loan" covenant compliance reviews, including on-site record and physical machine/inventory audits.
3. Approves and/or rejects CFSC customer deals within approved credit authority and recommends deals beyond credit authority.
4. Restructures customer deals.
5. Analyzes situations, makes decisions and takes measured risks using available data as well as insight.
6. Conducts and monitors credit investigations.
7. Assists in leading the documentation of retail account receivables.
8. Performs training and provides technical direction to employees in the Credit Support Manager’s absence.
9. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
10. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of ability to analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
3. Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
4. Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to prepare marketing reports and marketing related statistical reports.
5. Thorough knowledge of marketing, credit and customer services concepts and techniques.
6. Knowledge of CFSC financing and leasing products.
7. Thorough knowledge of account collection procedures.
8. Thorough knowledge of financing and leasing documentation principles.
9. Thorough knowledge of billing, invoicing, and dealer payment principles and concepts.
10. Thorough knowledge of UCC filing requirements and their applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.
11. Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to calculate amortization schedules.
12. Thorough ability to concentrate on results while being flexible to achieve goals. Has a sense of urgency and willingness to accept accountability.
13. Thorough ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships working effectively with others inside and outside the company.
14. Thorough ability to strive for quality as well as timeliness maintaining perspective as to the outcome of the decisions.
15. Proven ability to learn and take proactive steps to increase knowledge showing a commitment to the business.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 4 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing, financial statement analysis, and/or a related discipline is recommended. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Plus if the candidate has equipment finance
Previous experience in commercial credit
Financial statement analysis