This job posting is no longer active.
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch, 's-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019
Production Manager Operations
Our solutions help our customers build a better world.
Caterpillar Work Tools in 's-Hertogenbosch is a subsidiary of Caterpillar inc. This is an American multinational operating in more than 200 countries. Our 210 employees design, manufacture and sell Work Tools for excavators, wheel loaders etc. Caterpillar focuses on Diversity, inclusion and innovation.
Caterpillar’s Production Manager position leads teams and supervises people across multiple employee categories / manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost. Together with three colleague section managers you are responsible for the production process.
This is a temporary job for 12 months.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Gives direction to teams of different departments on the shop floor;
* Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes and reduces absenteeism;
* Creates department plans
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
* Manages and holds team accountable for their actions within area of responsibility;
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members;
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics;
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
* Bachelor degree in a Manufacturing-related discipline (Mechanical Engineering/ WTB).
* Three years’ experience in a supervisory function in a production environment is required.
* Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operations processes, materials and / or quality
* Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skill
* Prior experience in manufacturing / operations planning and / or manufacturing experience; and
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
Additional information* Acquisition will not be appreciated
Primary Location – Netherlands, 's-Hertogenbosch
Salary Grade N11 – maximum Salary Grade N11 (Dutch conditions)