As an Digital Analyst on the Enterprise Search team within the Cat Digital organization of Caterpillar, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex projects that may span multiple infrastructure components or applications.
With specific focus on internal and public facing search applications, you will gain experience working with a wide variety of internal customers across Caterpillar. You will develop your professional network and leadership skills, assisting in the creation and support of Enterprise Search Solutions that enable Caterpillar success. Further, you will contribute real value by developing, integrating, and/or supporting in-house and purchased applications or infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Working directly on application / technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions
* Participating in integrated testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components
* Working with vendors on the integration of purchased application(s) and/or infrastructure
* Designing and implementing processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support
Computer-related or Engineering-related four year College or University Degree (or equivalent)
One to three years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences.
Knowledge of the latest technology in programming languages, computing hardware & software and current development processes and tools. Expected technical experience includes:
Application administration experience
MS Excel skills (for reporting)
Oral/written communication skills
Experience with the following:
o XML/HTML, Python scripts
o Web Servers (Apache, IIS)
o Database (Oracle, SQLlite, DB2)
o Eclipse IDE
o Bash scripting
* IT experience related to programming, integration or infrastructure
* Knowledge and experience with Change Management and Agile methodologies
* Specific examples of desired experience includes:
* IBM Watson Explorer
* Search Engine administration
* Agile methodologies
* Change Management
* Kubernetes architecture
This role will require flexibility in work hours to allow for overlap with the US based team.