This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Provide quantitative modeling to support credit risk management. Lead all model life-cycle activities for both internally developed and vendor models in the areas of Probability of Default, Loss Given Default, Allowance/CECL, Auto Decisioning of credit applications. Lead special projects that require statistical analysis and application of quantitative methods to create predictive analytics solutions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports the Corporate Portfolio Management team by leading all activities pertaining to quantitative modeling of the credit portfolio, with emphasis on PD, LGD and models used for compliance with CECL accounting framework.
2. Interfaces with Credit, Data Science and Information Technology teams to research, develop and implement analytic solutions to address business needs.
3. Mines large datasets to identify risk relationships and quantitative insights.
4. Researches and acquires deep knowledge in industry best practices pertaining to credit risk quantitative modeling and CECL compliance. Proposes and implements continuous improvements of Cat Financial’s risk models and methodologies.
5. Provides quantitative expertise in support of Decision Technology processes and the choice of data and scoring methodology providers globally.
6. Supports the Auto Decisioning of credit applications by developing internal scoring models and by validating vendor scoring models.
7. Acts as the internal Subject Matter Expert for all quantitative methodologies and models employed by Risk Management.
8. Presents complex quantitative analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences, internal or external to Cat Financial, with clarity and business acumen.
9. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
10. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced knowledge of and the ability to apply analytical and statistical skills and techniques.
2. Thorough knowledge of and advanced ability to apply math computation skills.
3. Thorough knowledge of statistical/programming languages (e.g. R, Sas, SQL)
4. Demonstrated ability and aptitude to learn to use various reporting and analysis tools (e.g. Tableau).
5. Intellectual curiosity and external focus.
6. Familiarity with main credit risk models used in the industry (e.g. Moody’s RiskCalc, CreditEdge, Agency Ratings) and key regulatory and accounting frameworks (e.g. Basel, CECL)
7. Knowledge of Cat Financial’s financing and leasing products.
8. Advanced ability to work on multiple projects with shifting priorities.
9. Must have a sense of urgency and willingness to be accountable for own work.
10. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships working effectively with others inside and outside the company.
11. Demonstrated ability to strive for quality as well as timeliness maintaining perspective as to the outcome of the decisions.
12. Demonstrated ability to learn and take proactive steps to increase knowledge showing a commitment to the business.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree and an advanced/graduate degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably Statistics, Risk Management, Mathematics or Physics and a minimum of 8 years exempt experience in quantitative modeling in the areas of credit, market or operational risk. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
PD, Probability Default, LGD, Loss Given Default, EAD, Exposure at Default, build models from scratch, model validation, quantitative analyst, quantitative consultant, R, python, SAS, analytics