Caterpillar of Australia currently has a challenging opportunity for an energetic, passionate & committed Warehouse Supervisor (Coach) to join the Queensland Distribution Centre (QDC) based in Yatala, QLD.
Reporting to the Operations Manager based in Queensland, the primary responsibility of the Warehouse Supervisor includes servicing client requirements and leadership of approximately 10-15 operational staff.
Additional responsibilities of the role may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a high level of employee safety and adherence to safety policies and procedures
- Deliver daily Process Improvement Dialogues and ad hoc operational presentations to operational staff
- Oversee the smooth and effective execution of warehouse day to day activities
- Meet required area and facility wide KPIs
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop operational staff
- Key reporting activities on a weekly basis
- Daily workforce and operational planning
- Analyse operational data on a daily basis
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality with sensitive information
To be successful in this position you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated Leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills at all levels – Ability to speak in front of a large group
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Strong ability to deliver high levels of customer service
- MS Office Suite including MS excel, Project and Access
- Exceptional Team building and team-leading skills
- Demonstrated strong report writing abilities
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment including 6 Sigma and Caterpillar Production System (CPS)
- Proven and relevant experience within a supervisory capacity – coaching and mentoring
- Prior experience within a fast-paced warehousing/logistics environment
- Excellent commitment levels and attendance records
- Related tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded
A strong commitment to people, safety, quality and operational execution will make you succeed in this role. As this position is a leadership role, you will be required to drive change, lead continuous improvement and live our 'Values in Action' to be successful in this position. This role will also provide you with long-term career development opportunities as well as training and development to ensure your future success in Caterpillar.
To be considered for the opportunity, you must possess Australian Citizenship and/or Permanent Residency of Australia.
Previous Applicants need not Apply.