This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2019
This team develops and integrates steering and braking sub-systems, including control hardware and software, for various Caterpillar machine products. Job Description: This position is for a Control Systems Engineer who will develop and integrate steering and braking sub-systems on various Caterpillar machine products.
The Steering and Braking Subsystem Controls Engineer will:
• Work with process partners from ITDD and the Machine Business Divisions to establish sub-system control requirements and to select electrical/electronic and hydraulic components that meet performance, reliability, functional safety, and cost objectives.
• Provide requirements analysis and interface with steering/braking SW engineers to get both hand coded and model-based steering/braking SW developed.
• Design, construct, and maintain a steering/braking sub-system bench.
• Perform bench testing of the steering/braking sub-system and work with the Validation & Test groups to develop regression tests.
• Provide tuning support and guidance to the machine proving grounds personnel.
• Resolve NPI and CPI issues.
• Document conformance to ISO standards and conduct NPI GW reviews. This position will be located at Mossville, IL
· Four-year degree: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Hydraulics Engineering, or Mechatronics. Candidates with BSME, BSAE and other four-year degrees with at least one year of experience developing electrical/electronic or hydraulic components, subsystems, or system product development will also be considered.
· At least two years of experience troubleshooting electrical/electronic hardware and software, and/or machine level problems
· Strong communication, teamwork and analytical skills
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
· At least 2 years of demonstrated success developing electronic control systems and/or embedded software for automotive, on-highway truck, or off-highway applications.
· Experience in the application of data links such as CAN/J1939 and Ethernet for control and monitoring purposes is strongly desired
· Experience with the following software development tools: Mathworks (Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder, Simulink Test), ClearCase, git, IVY, Diab compiler, pOSEK, DAT-K, CANalyzer, Lauterbach Debugger, CANape; Programming languages such as Embedded C and Python scripting
· Working level understanding of the Caterpillar NPI process
· Personal interest or Group Projects involving embedded software and/or hardware development, such as FIRST Robotics or Baja SAE