Product Owner, Cat Digital
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jun 22, 2019
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for talented and motivated Product Owner to help build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
The Product Owner works as a member of a Scrum Team to help maximize the value of the product and the work of the Scrum System integration test and performance teams. The Product Owner works intimately with the Scrum Master, Development Team, System integration and performance teams. The Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Backlog for system integration testing and performance team and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is empowered to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is typically the individual closest to the business side of the project.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the system integration test and performance Team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Work with different product owners to develop system integration and performance requirements with SLA defined
- Develops test data management strategy requirements to build system integration use cases and performance test scenarios.
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what system integration and performance team should test
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be tested, and conveying that vision to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Responsible for conveying the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the system integration and performance Team
- Act as the voice of the team, communicating status externally
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager
- 3+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 1+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
Top candidates will also have:
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Domain expert in business applications
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Background in Information Technology
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization