This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Stafford, STS, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2019
Job Title: Logistics Team Lead
Salary: £22,491 - £23,907 (Depending on Experience) Plus Shift Premium
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Supported
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
A Team Lead’s key duties and responsibilities are centred around the principles of the Caterpillar Production System (People, Quality, Velocity and Cost). A Team Lead is to ensure that all their team members equipped and able to adhere to all standard working procedures required.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure that Safe Working Practices are adhered to within own area
• Ensure that all employees including themselves, understands that they have the obligation to stop a job/task to prevent an unsafe act or incident from occurring.
• Able to interact effectively with key support groups and departments in the business
• Attend PID (process improvement dialogue) meetings and conduct start of shift meetings or any other team briefings that are required
• Encourages and empowers others to achieve; establishes challenging performance standards. A strong desire to excel, creating a positive, productive work environment
• Maintain discipline levels within their production area
• Respond to team members’ issues with a sense of urgency to enable all team members to complete their operations within agreed process time escalating where appropriate
• To ensure that expected 5s (including area IRA) and housekeeping standards within your section are maintained by conducting audits at required frequency and implementing any required actions or improvements
• Ensure that all operators are trained and competent in their required tasks within their team. Maintain and identify critical gaps for cross skilling using the area skills matrix and arrange appropriate training plans to develop competence and coverage of roles
• Able to perform operations within their team and cover for absence as required.
• Ensure that required metrics are updated.
• Execute the logistics plan to deliver zero Missed Point of Use.
• Manage overtime to meet business requirements
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Demonstrated leadership role within a Logistics or Warehouse environment
• An effective team builder with a positive can-do attitude
• Strong communication to support the delivery of key business messages
• Competent PC user, proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Sound understanding of a logistics operation and its end to end processes.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Knowledge of Perkins processes and procedures
• Knowledge of Perkins product lines.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.